> How to choose the best device: The BYOD challenge
Although a BYOD scheme is a combination of many moving parts (the right configuration or support model, for example), in our experience the first question that many schools and educators ask is: What’s the best device for students?
While it’s certainly true that some devices are better than others, with the huge range of options available for parents and schools, choosing the right device can be more complex than we first imagine.
In our experience, it’s critical to set your outcomes first and there are a few important questions to ask:
· What will your students achieve by having their own device?
· How will technology enhance the student’s learning?
· What tasks do we expect them to perform on the device?
· Will it be used cross curriculum?
· How will we support our teachers?
With these answers in mind, the search can then begin for the right device but be warned - this can still be quite a task!
There is a lot to consider:
· Price is a key consideration especially when parents are footing the bill
· What operating system is preferred: Windows? iOS? Google Chrome? Each has advantages..
· What form factor best suits the need: tablet, laptop or 2 in 1?
· Is a stylus important?
· How robust is the device – classrooms can be tough environments!
· What balance will you strike between portability and usability?
· and the list goes on…………….
……which is where our education team can make a huge difference.
By partnering with these Tier 1 vendors:
We can offer a huge range of commercial grade devices with customized options to create a personalised experience for parents and students.
In the article Choosing a Device, first published at Education Technology Solutions magazine, Johanna Wilkins also highlights some good points to consider when you are trying to find the best device.
- For Schools
(08) 9244 0000 email@example.com